More About Me
About My Texas Heritage
My family has lived in the East Texas Piney Woods since the 1840′s, and my great-great Grandmother was a Cherokee Indian in the region, who hid with Irish friends to prevent being relocated to Indian Territory at gunpoint. Best evidence indicates the Cherokee side of my family may have relocated westward with Chief Dragging Canoe after his failed bid to help the British win the revolutionary war.
About my martial arts:
I’ve won 28 medals at multiple international tournaments, including Taiji Legacy and the Chicago International Wushu-Kungfu Federation Tournament.
I specialize in the “Three Sisters” of the Chinese Internal Martial Arts: Taijiquan, Baguazhang, and Xingyiquan. I also have a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and a Brown Belt in Shorin Ryu Karate.
Even more strange facts:
- I lived in Turkey when I was young
- I also lived in Scotland when I was young.
- No, my parents were not in the military.
- I study languages in a sort of sporadic manner, and I forget them when I haven’t studied them for a while.
- I write some scary stuff, but I’m a nice guy. Really. You gonna argue with me?
- My first short story was published at the age of 13 in a local newspaper in Turkey, and the local kids translated it.